Christmas dinner table setting © WWF-Aus / Stef Mercurio
You are here:
01 Dec 2019
It’s Christmas time! To help you on your journey to saying no to single-use plastic items, we’ve created a 31-day calendar with a tip each day. Are you up for the challenge?
Artwork by Candice Cameron
1. Adopt a tree as a Christmas gift for a friend, colleague or family
2. Request 'no plastic!' in online orders
3. Wrap gifts in recyclable paper
4. Buy a real Christmas tree
5. Re-gift unwanted Christmas gifts - don't throw them away!
6. Print gift vouchers instead of giving a plastic a plastic gift-card
7. Send Christmas e-cards
8. Gift a KeepCup
9. Avoid excess packaging
10. Sign the petition to end single-use plastics
11. Find barely used toys on Gumtree
12. Give gifts in a reusable stocking
13. Gift something handmade
14. BYO produce bags
15. Gift a plat
16. Shop local
17. Avoid glitter
18. Sign the global petition to end plastic pollution
19. Say 'no' to plastic bags
20. Gift an experience
21. Shop eco-friendly toys
22. Avoid plastic cutlery
23. DIY Christmas decorations
24. Avoid crackers with plastic toys
25. Store leftovers in glass containers
26. Pack solid travel toiletries
27. BYO drink bottle to the beach
28. BYO steel straw
29. Skip the party balloons
30. Try the NYE plastic free challenge
31. Cheers with real glasses!
Let us know how you go in the Plastic Free December challenge! Tag us in your social media posts on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #EndSingleUsePlastic.
Here's some advice on how to make sure your festive feast has been sourced sustainably.
Looking for a way to keep the kids busy this summer? Check out these eco-friendly toy ideas.
Australia is in the grips of a nationwide bushfire emergency. Help us save wildlife, and when the fires have cleared, restore our lost forests.
Whether a business, individual or community, there are lots of ways you can lend support to the bushfire recovery efforts.
Here are other ways to help WWF
Australia, it’s time to end single-use plastic!
Help those who can't ask for your help. There are a lot of ways to donate to support our work protecting wildlife and conserving the environment. Visi ...