Christmas in Australia means summer, which means sun, surf, sand, and lots and lots of outside play from country to coast. If you have little ones, it can often be challenging to find the right toys for the beach or park that are safe, durable and, are most importantly, planet friendly.
We’ve compiled a handy list of ideas to help get you started.
1. For fun during those summer rainy days, check out the WWF range of FSC certified puzzles and toys. If you use the code WWFTOYS at the checkout 10% of your purchase will be donated to help save wildlife.
2. A simple and refreshing rework of the traditional beach bucket and spade, the Quut Cuppi is described as having ‘unlimited possibilities’ and is also recyclable. So when your child outgrows it one day, it can just be put in the recycling instead of landfill.
3. Wooden toys like PlanToys are definitely coming back into vogue because they’re super hardy, and sustainable. This bath set makes a sweet companion for any day of the year.
4. For the beach, park, or backyard, these wood and cotton teepees will set your child’s imagination free while giving them hours of fun. They’re light, much sturdier and more eco-friendly than the plastic variety.
5. Green Toys have a whole range of fun products and playthings that are made from 100% recycled milk jugs. Through this second life, the jugs are reducing the use of fossil fuels and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.