To guide WWF in the task of achieving its mission and goals, we have adopted the following principles. WWF will:
- be global, independent, multicultural and non party political
- use the best available scientific information to address issues and critically evaluate its endeavours
- seek dialogue and avoid unnecessary confrontation
- build concrete conservation solutions through a combination of field-based projects, policy initiatives, capacity-building and education work
- involve local communities and Indigenous peoples in the planning and execution of its field programs, respecting their cultural as well as economic needs
- strive to build partnerships with other organisations, governments, business and local communities to enhance WWF’s effectiveness
- run its operations in a cost-effective manner and apply donors’ funds according to the highest standards of accountability.